Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear Sneak Peek

Looking through the fall 2010 collections I am seeing so many trends for clothing, hair and makeup that I love - so much so that if I could get away with it, I would start wearing the clothes now. Unfortunately, we cannot start wearing these amazing trends until September, but there is no rule that says no one can see a sneak peak now. If I could I would show whole collections but, since this is only a sneak peek and not a complete showcase, the following is a compliation of my top four favorite trends:


1. Fur! About five years ago I was given these amazing pair of Ugg boots (shown below) -say what you want, but they are fabulous, warm, and well. . . amazing. This fall I am very excited because I can finally wear them out in public and have it be socially acceptable - all thanks to Chanel. Chanel's Fall/Winter 2010 Ready-to-Wear collection heavily relied on fur placed on everything and anything.



















2. The fifties. This fall the fifties are back in the form of poofy (in good way) skirts, cat-eye sunglasses and color coordinated sweater/skirt ensembles. This trend is, I think, best represented in Tommy Hilfiger's all-American look, shown here:

3. Schoolgirl. This isn't the typical Catholic schoolgirl look. The term "schoolgirl" has taken a whole new look by adding color with very little plaid. The look is more structured but at the same time is fun without looking childish. The following look is from Rochas fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear collection:



















4. Seemingly ugly sweaters. In the movie "The Devil Wears Prada," Anne Hathaway's character, Andy, is criticized for wearing what was referred to as a 'lumpy blue sweater' - now that same 'lumpy blue sweater' is actually fashionably acceptable. If you don't believe me, well let Prada prove you wrong:





5 comments:

  1. ok, abbs. you know i hate those boots w/ a passion. and idc what prada says, i will bot be caught dead in the lumpy sweater. haha what are some summer trends we should stick to??

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... i'll get to that. :) and p.s. i don't care what you think - my boots are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ur boots are amaaaaazing gurl<3 dont let anyone tell u diferent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wear your wookie boots proudly girl :)

    Just please be kind and always wear and promote faux fur.

    ReplyDelete